Implementing Integrated Pathways
Once you've designed your pathway it's time recruit students and start implementing your pathway program. Major components of implementation include:
- Creating management structures to coordinate implementation
- Getting the right people engaged at the college level
- Training and supporting instructional teams as well as other faculty and staff
- Keeping key stakeholders up to date on program progresss
- Collecting data and monitoring progress
- Sharing successes and promoting the program
- Developing supportive policies
Implementation and planning are iterative processes; pathways need to be re-examined to ensure labor market alignment; support services need to be adjusted to meet student needs.
Implementation is challenging, but it's also when you get to see the impact of your integrated pathway on students' lives!